EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:00:07 -0300
Subject:
From:
Demetres Tryphonopoulos <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Poundians,

In this e-mail I am addressing two matters: First, the possibility of organizing an EP session for the Annual Louisville Conference; and, second, the upcoming Poetry & Poetics of the 1980s NPF Conference.

(i)            I was recently asked by one of the organizers of the 40th Annual Louisville Conference on Literature and Culture to ascertain if there is interest in sponsoring a panel dealing with Pound’s work. So, I am writing to encourage me to write to me as soon as possible (the deadline for proposals is October 17, 2011, though I think that our proposal would be accepted were we to come up with something by October 24) with an expression of interest for doing a paper. Your e-mail to me should also include a brief biographical note of no more than one hundred words. See below the Call for Papers and visit the conference website for more information (http://thelouisvilleconference.com/).

40TH ANNUAL CALL FOR PAPERS

The Louisville Conference on Literature and Culture since 1900 will be held at the University of Louisville February 23-25, 2012. Critical papers may be submitted on any topic that addresses literary works published since 1900 and/or their relationship with other Arts and disciplines (film, journalism, opera, music, pop culture, painting, architecture, law, etc.). Work by creative writers is also welcome.

(ii)            This is just in case you have yet to learn about the upcoming 2012 NPF conference: The Editorial Collective of the National Poetry Foundation is organizing a “Poetry and Poetics of the 1980s” conference. The conference is to take place in the U.S. home of EP studies at the University of Maine at Orono from June 27-July 1, 2012. I do not need to remind Poundians of how wonderful and rewarding these conferences, the first of which “happened” in 1975, have been. For more information about deadlines for proposals and others details, please visit http://npfconferences.wordpress.com/.

With all best wishes,

Demetres P. Tryphonopoulos

Secretary, EPS