EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Pounds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:54:45 +0900
In answer to Dan's question, Here's what i think most Japanese think about N
Korea's nukes. Allow me the first person plural here.

We sympathize with the suffering people, but it's like dealing with the US.
It's not
the people we got to deal with but the pathologicals in the military-state
apparatus.

It makes us nervous that their nukes point this way. They don't have the
longrange muscle to hit the US, so if they go berserk we're the likely
first target. We wish there was big oil under N Korea so the US would get
interested.

We're also pissed off that N Korea snatched our citizens back in the 70s,
and even
now when they admit it won't give 'em all back.

And we could do without spyships disguised as off-course fishing boats.

Wayne Pounds
Tokyo