EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 06:45:28 -0600
7bit
From:
"John K. Taber" <[log in to unmask]>
Tom Orange wrote:

> Could anyone direct me to a good explanation, or post here a short
> explanation, of the theory of social credit, including where/how Pound
> deviates from Douglas?  I'm afraid I gave it a try with a friend of mine
> today and by the time I was done I had blundered my way into making it
> sound more like communism than anything else.
>
> Much thanks,
> Tom

Damn! I deleted it. There is a web site in Australia devoted to
Social Credit. Do a search in Alta Vista.

IMHO, the difference between Communism and Social Credit is that
the latter preserves Capitalism by shifting the blame for its
failings from Capitalism itself to Banking. It blames the part
for the failing of the whole.