EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:47:19 -0700
Forwarded with writer's permission.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric McLuhan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wed 6/24/2009 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: FlashPoint Celebrates FINNEGANS WAKE!

Peter,
	Thanks for this notice. About the recording of Joyce reading
Finnegans Wake. When he got to the studio that day, he found he had
left his glasses at home, so he had to recite the passages from
memory. He did pretty well! I have followed along from the text and
can't find more than a couple of deviations. Now the problem: which is
the authoritative rendering -- the printed text or the author's words?
Hah!

Best,
Eric