EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
William Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 15:26:44 -0400
Hear, hear to David's very reasonable take on this often
overly-emotional debate. To which I would only add that it seems to
me both naive and unfair to expect Pound (or any other artist) to
escape the morass of errors, prejudices, and complicities to which we
are all subject and among whichwe have all, I dare say, comported
ourselves less than nobly at times. None of this forgives, but I seem
to recall a story about throwing the first stone...

--Bill Cole

--
William Cole, Assistant Director
Computers in Composition and Literature