EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Stephen Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:29:49 -0800
Burt--

Two thoughts:  (1) Don't forget about EP's involvement in the
Leger-Dudley Moore "Ballet mecanique," with music by Antheil.  The film
is of course a landmark in avant-garde cinema in all the textbooks, and
somewhere, I seem to recall, EP claimed to be in the cutting room when
it was being made (or some such place).  I see it as an extension of
"vortography."

(2) There's a reference in XXX Cantos to "Birth of a Nation," which has
to be an allusion to Griffith's film, though Terrell's Companion doesn't
identify it as such.  I'll find the reference if you need it.

Stephen Adams

--
Stephen Adams
Chair, Undergraduate Studies,