EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
William Stoneking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:08:36 -0500
"Performance" as you call it - giving the squiggles their
voice - IS a most productive way of apprehending a text.
I am afraid our institutions suffer from an abundance of
literary and a dearth of "oracy".  READ IT ALOUD!

(For a full discussion of this idea, see my PI O - An Appreciation,
which will appear on 1 December, 1999, at Suite101.com
in the Performing Arts section under "Performance Poetry".)

Stoneking