EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:26:16 EDT
In a message dated 07/25/2000 4:29:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< And let me say that
 I do not consider Pound a villain, any more than you do.  Pound, as far as I
 know, never actually DID anything which is comparable to, say, Dostoevsky's
 frequent beating of his wife.  Nonetheless, Pound is more widely condemned
 for his adherence to fascism than Dostoevsky is for his abuse.  So those who
 defend Pound ---against what they (wrongly, I think) consider to be my
 merciless attacks--- do have many good points.  But it is the INCORPORATION
 of so many horrifying ideas into his artwork, into his propagandistic
 endeavors, which makes us have to pause and seriously reflect on the MEANING
 OF HIS WORK.  >>

I defy anyone to read any one of the numerous posts (by now we must be
talking about more than a hundred) by wei and find any -- that's ANY, folks!
-- positive comments about Pound.  the above is merely subterfuge.

jb....