EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender: - Ezra Pound discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
From: Burt Hatlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:29:12 -0500
Pounders,

I've been thinking about the parallels between Pound's poetics and the film aesthetic of the 1920s, and I'm looking for information on what movies Pound may have seen during this period and what he might have thought/said about them. I'm also
looking for critical commentary on the relationship between Pound's poetic methods and film technique. Kenner in The Pound Era and Max Nanny in his book on Pound and the electronic age mention that in developing his concept of "montage" Eisenstein
points to the Chinese ideogram as a model, and the analogy with Pound's poetic method is obvious; but neither Kenner nor Nanny explores the relationship between Pound's poetic methods and actual films of the time.  Any tips would be much appreciated.

Burt Hstlen