EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 09:28:39 EDT
In a message dated 08/12/2000 12:14:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Today, as hundreds remain in jail in Philadelphia, simply for protesting
 against the plutocratic practices of the Republican party, we might well
 consider the degree to which freedom of assembly and freedom of speech are
 under serious threat.  Which side would Pound be on?  (Did he ever side with
 ANY demonstrators who protested the rule of Mussolini?  Did he ever side
 with any trade union organization which protested labor conditions in the US
 or in Italy, during the era of fascism?

as we have long suspected, Ezra Pound is responsible for the arrests and
setting of high bails for protesters of the Republican National Convention.
although there is no record of Pound being against unions or trade
organizations, we can infer from his support of poetry that he was indeed
against them, just as we can infer that he was against motherhood and baked
goods.  it's not important that there is no evidence, as long as one can
merely think such things, that is sufficient.  I propose that we dig up
Pound's skeletal remains and hang them for these offenses, preferably in
China.

jb....