EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Pounds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 06:14:49 -0700
Friends and colleagues

In the process of looking for a place to post and view
Gaietto's work, suddenly we have websites blooming in
profusion. Before the blossoms scatter, please permit
me to post a reminder about about the rights of the
artist. I blame myself for not having kept this in
mind in my initial enthusiasm to share this artist's
work. Of course I had his permission to post the
images on the ep list, but I failed to indicate some
important considerations:

1. Every posted image from the catalogue should be
accompanied by the phrase "Copyright Pietro Gaietto
1996."

2. Every image should be accompanied by its title and
the artist's name. I think the first image is
correctly identified but the latter two are not. I
will check with Peter Bi on points 1 and 2.

3. Each website where the work or information about is
appears should also inform the visitor that direct
contact with the artist is available at [log in to unmask]
I understand the the catalogue of the 50 Cantos pieces
can be purchased there more cheaply than from the
publishers' site. And, surely,  with more direct
benefit to the artist - and the purchaser too.

Since I've come this far, I think it would be
claryifying for me to post a complete description of
the catalogue.

"Fifty Sculptures on the Cantos of Ezra Pound", photos
and text, pp.104,  17x24 cm.  Texts, Italian and
English, by  Massimo Bacigalupo, Licia Filingeri,
Pietro Gaietto, James Laughlin, Martino Oberto, Ezra
Pound and Mary de Rachewiltz. $20 (USA), shipping
included. Write to
Pietro Gaietto
Piazza Paolo da Novi 3 int.7
16129 Genova Italy
e-m:[log in to unmask]

OK. That's the whole thing. If I have missed some
point of protocol, I hope somone will tell me.

Wayne
===
Visiting Scholar, Universita' di Genova

p-mail: Via Betti, 289E/2