EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:10:24 -0500
Pound makes offhand remarks to the effect that, apart from the Seafarer,
there are only a few lines of great poetry to be found among the surviving
corpus of Old English poetry. I'm working on a translation of Beowulf
myself, trying to bring out features usually ignored. If you'd like to take
a look at my work-in-progress:

 http://members.dca.net/tim

There's also a brief introduction to my approach there.

Tim Romano