EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

"Demetres P. Tryphonopoulos" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Feb 2014 13:39:12 +0000
Dear Andy,

I hope all's well with you.

Unlike the MLA and the ALA and other conferences, the MSA does not reserve sessions for societies like the EPS. For the seminars, one has to apply by sending a proposal on a specific modernist topic by the deadline--in this case, February 28, 2014. There is an MSA committee that looks at all the seminar proposals and chooses a set number. Once this decision has been made, the seminar descriptions are posted on the MSA site and scholars apply to be part of that seminar. As many as 15 proposals and short papers can be accommodated.

I would encourage you to apply for a seminar. It might be a good idea to work with one other person who has done this sort of thing before. In any event, I must also tell you that the MSA does not look kindly on single-author proposals. Thus, you may wish to address a theme that applies to other modernists as well.

If you have specific questions, I'll be glad to help.

I hope this is helpful.

All best,

Demetres

Demetrios P. Tryphonopoulos
University Research Professor
A/Dean, School of Graduate Studies
Professor, Department of English
Editorial Collective, Paideuma: Modern and Contemporary Poetry and Poetics
Secretary, Ezra Pound Society
University of New Brunswick
Sir Howard Douglas Hall, Room 317
3 Bailey Drive