EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:51 -1000
Subject:
From:
Bob Dobbs <[log in to unmask]>
Mr. Surette just wrote me earlier today, Robert:

[[ Since you have confessed some interest in McLuhan, I include a blurb from my website advertising my latest production, which applies McLuhan's insight that technology has cognitive --and hence aesthetic -- consequences. It can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/birthofmodernism/
"Leon Surette's latest book is Art in the Age of the Machine(https://sites.google.com/site/birthofmodernism/art-in-the-age-of-the-machine), a fascinating study of the impact of changing technology on art and culture. In this broad-ranging book, Professor Surette provides unique insight into a topic that has fascinated him throughout his academic career, going back to his days as a graduate student of Marshall McLuhan in the 1960s. Available as an Ebbok at Amazon.com. ]]