EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
hugh hazen witemeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 13:24:32 -0700
Dear People,

     A simple call to Jennifer Wilson would answer most of your questions
about the EP Association's plans for the property.  It is my understanding
that the figure of $255,000 for the house and land was determined by an
assessor appointed by the court in which the property is being probated.
No one who has kept an eye on property values in the scenic parts of the
Rocky Mountains in recent years should be frightfully suprised by the
figure, I submit.

     About a year ago I visited the birthplace of Katherine Mansfield in
Wellington, New Zealand.  She didn't live there long, but the local
Mansfield association has made a very nice museum of her life and works
there.  A lot of people who know little about Mansfield visit the house
every year and come away with enhanced knowledge of and interest in her
art.  Would it not be worthwhile to do something of the sort with EP's
birthplace?