EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender: - Ezra Pound discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:42:27 -0400
From: "Tryphonopoulos, Demetres" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments: cc: [log in to unmask]
Dear Poundians,

I wish you all a Happy, Healthy, and Productive New Year 2008.

I have been asked by Dr. Burton Hatlen to look after the San Francisco MLA panels and am
writing in order to invite interested scholars to contribute ideas about possible topics
as well as to offer possible proposals.  As all of you are likely to know, the MLA is
held every year between Christmas and New Year’s (27-30 December). The Pound Society
puts on two panels, usually comprised of three papers each.

During discussion following the first panel at last year’s MLA, two topics were
proposed: “Pound and Place” and “Pound and the Visual Arts.” Before finalizing these
topics, I would like to hear from those who did not make it to Chicago this year.
Since I must have the topics, the names of presenters and the titles of their papers
confirmed by 15 January 2008, please forward your ideas (and proposals for papers along
with a brief CV) to me by 10 January 2008. I would like to have enough time to consider
your ideas and proposals and also discuss them with Dr. Timothy Redman (who he is
helping me coordinate this important Pound “event”) before submitting the 2008 Pound
programme to MLA.

With all best wishes,

Demetres P. Tryphonopoulos

Dr. Demetres P. Tryphonopoulos
A/Dean, School of Graduate Studies
Professor, Department of English
Book Review Editor, Paideuma: Studies in American and British Modernist Poetry
University of New Brunswick
Sir Howard Douglas Hall, Room 317
3 Bailey Drive
Fredericton, N.B.