EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 09:58:20 -0800
Greetings--

Everett Lee Lady wrote:

> Pound's anti-semitism was quite unoriginal and he had nothing to
> say that had not been said in more effective form by many others.

agreeeed...strong feeeelings about race and heritage were hardly exclusive to
Ez.

~~~~~~~...to continue the thread with what may be perceived as  ignorance, (
having become rather pleased with admitting my great ignorance on most issues
), I must ask :

Have Pound's anti-semitic stances and wartime "activities" resulted in his
being ignored in most mainstream curricula ?  Most of the posters to this
list seem to be well educated ( myself excepted ) and well versed (pun
intended) on things Poundian...but Pound is not , in my opinion, given any
attention in the "mainstream"....similar to the case of David Irving...

Surely the work of a ground-breaking genius, and perhaps the greatest figure
in American literary circles this century (my opinion once again) can be
enjoyed without the constant reminder that he had strongly held feelings on
any number of topics?

http://205.252.89.138/
BK
http://home.earthlink.net/~bjking/