ACTEM-INTEGRATORS Archives

ACTEM Integrators

ACTEM-INTEGRATORS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Crystal Priest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:00:25 -0400
Registration:  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/moodle_teachers

Moodle for Teachers Workshop  - Free for ACTEM Members - 25 students, max.
 Limited to 3 people per district (will put extra registrations on a
waitlist.)

Instructor:  Anne MacDonald

Date:  May 5, 2011

Time:  9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Location:  Cross Building, Augusta - Distance Learning Room - 103

Course Description:  Moodle can be a powerful tool for supporting
face-to-face classes (blended learning) as well as the vehicle for online
courses. It is a step on the way for many teachers from the brick and
mortar classroom to the world of 2.0 teaching.

We will go through how to add documents, images, and links to a Moodle
site. Also, how to create a forum, journal, how to collect assignments
from students, and if we have time, how to set up a quiz.

In order for this to be a hands-on learning experience you will need
access to a Moodle site in which you are the teacher so that you can
create your site.

Moodle  allows teachers to act as facilitators of learning and to provide
a framework for face-to-face and online interaction that may take place
both in and out of the classroom. It can be a powerful tool for  formative
assessment and for providing differentiated instruction.

What you need - access to a Moodle installation with a teacher account.
 We will not be installing the software on this day.

If you do not have an available installation, try one of these packages:
Windows:  http://download.moodle.org/windows
Documentation:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Complete_install_packages_for_Windows

MAC OSX:  http://download.moodle.org/macosx/