ACTEM-INTEGRATORS Archives

ACTEM Integrators

ACTEM-INTEGRATORS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dorothy Small <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:28:53 +0000
I teach a class 'Blogging and Wikis in the Classroom' at Thomas college. Teachers from many grade levels will take this class to set up blogs and wikis. While primary teachers were making other blog software work for them they were very pleased when kidblog entered the scene.

With all the free software available to build an online classroom presence I rarely teach html or how to build a website from scratch. This tends to take place in the IST classes. We used to have students set up portfolios with Dreamweaver/Fireworks and now we use Kuder/Bridges type software. I will talk with them about the code and show them what it looks like but that is about it but I push them to look for the many online tools available to them.

I think this is a good thing because I would imagine our general population will use this type of software more often then the other. Any thoughts?

Dorothy Small
SAHS Technology Integrationist
Skowhegan Area High School
61 Academy Circle