EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
K Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:30:00 -0800
Robert, thank you for your reply.  I agree with you about the two lines
of Confucianism.  The opening up then demarcating of boundaries makes a
lot of sense as well.

I am also interested in comparing Pound to Zhu Xi.  Zhu Xi appears to
me to be an "epic poet" of Chinese culture.  I think Pound would have
appreciated Zhu Xi's interest in the classics, memorization of the
text, reciting the text, meditation of the text, and continuing (or
re-creating) the tradition.  Are you familiar with Zhu Xi?  He's as
controversial as Pound.  I haven't even begun, but how would you
compare the two?

Thanks again,
Kristen Stevens