EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Richard Caddel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:46:03 GMT
Well aware that this thread is some way off subject for this list, so
I'll keep it short: I was amazed to talk to some nice, sassy,
proficient graduates of a wellknown creative writing outfit (which
shall be nameless) to find that although as students they were
expected to do frequent writing exercises, and by the end of their
course it could be expected that they's have done at least three
poetry readings, no-one ever gave them any clues about voice-training
or basic reading training which might help them with said readings.
Seems daft to me, and no-wonder, thus, that it's a rare pleasure to
find a good reader these days. Sorry, back to the Pound bit.

RC