Sender:
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:05:11 -0500
7bit
From:
Mark Toussaint WasteCap of NH <[log in to unmask]>
> This is where I
> believe that if there was rule where the player that does a
> dirty act and
> injures someone should have to sit out as long as the
> player that was hurt,
> if the injured player is out for four games, that player
> should have to sit
> out for four games. and so on, not  a hard concept

Seems to me that this would open up a situation that would be very
easily abused by the "victimized" team. It's not too hard to imagine a
situation (especially if the offending player is a "star" player and
the recipient is a marginal player, third goalie, etc.) where the
injured player stays "injured" for longer than he would have in order
to keep the other team's star out of key games. I'd hope the coaches
were above that, but it's a possibility.