EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:23:28 -0400
Peter,
I subscribe to many computer-software-related groups. It is not unusual for
people whose first language is not English and, more importantly, whose
writing systems are non-Western (people, e.g., from Korea, China, Taiwan, or
from countries where one of the Arabic languages is spoken) will submit
their messages entirely in upper case, simply because it's easier for them
to do it that way, given the difficulties of international character sets
and keyboard mappings.
Tim Romano