ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Svec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:18:58 -0400
At 12:11 PM 10/28/99 -0400, Zolt, Jeff wrote:
>I'll be there this week-end...taking daughter for her birthday...FLY OUT
>TOMORROW A.M..she is so excited!!!!!!  See ya there...GO BLUE
>

>> ----------

Jeff and Andy, as a big Ohio State and Maine sports fan, I'm going through
my normal case of schizophrenia as the Bucks and Black Bears meet.

I don't know if you have tickets for the Saturday football game against Iowa
but if you want to be at a real happening try to make it to the game.  Since
Ohio Stadium only holds about 94,000 it is always sold out.  I'm told that
there are usually a few tickets available right before kickoff from scalpers
(try the area right in front of the closed end of the stadium).  It is often
possible to get them at the list price or just slightly above list.  Even if
you have no intention of going to the football game it is fun to walk around
the stadium and the St. John Arena area on the morning of a football game
day.  It is a big party worth seeing.  About 2 - 2 1/2 hours before kickoff,
you may want to go to St. John Arena. About 10-12000 people gather to listen
to TBDBITL (The Best Damn Band In The Land) run through their game program.
It is fun and free.  For young and old party goers, try Hinney Gate (in
front of the Holiday Inn) or the Varsity Club on Lane Avenue.

If you have any questions about the OSU campus area, let me know.

Bob Svec

GO Black Bears and BUCKS!!!  As you can see the schizophrenia has kicked in
again.