ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Brian Demoree <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:54:55 -0400
[log in to unmask],NNTP writes:

>1.  What audio driver is used to carry your Maine Hockey feed (e.g. Real
>Audio, etc.) ?

>2.  What minimum hardware and software configurations are required to
>hear
>this feed ?

>3.  yes or no:  is the feed available to Macintosh users ?   If yes,
>answer
>#2 above.

>I tried the WMEB feed again tonite, and, as reported on this list,
>waited
>for the feed to start.
>No luck.   This is getting VERY frustrating.
Webradio uses Emblaze technology.  You don't need real player or
anything else - just a sound card.  You need no special equipment or
super-duper hardware.  Mac users should have no difficulty, either -
it's the same as it is for PCs.  I'm sorry the feed didn't come
through.  We have received letters from other listeners across the
country saying everything was fine.  Webradio itself has had some
problems, so maybe that was the cause.  They have been trying to
upgrade lately, so they may have been tinkering with something.  I
don't know.  Try us again next weekend, as I will try to work stuff out
this week.

Brian Demoree