EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
sam grolmes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:43:31 -0700
Dear Pound Scholars,

Are there references to Rex Herbert Lampman beyond Canto 97's, "old
Lampman."

He was a very influential headline writer at the Times Herald, and a
victim? of Cissie Patterson's will, perhaps. I wonder if he had any
thing to do with the introduction of Joha Kasper to the visiting list.

I think he (Lampan)was in St Elizabeth's twice. Once after the break up
of the Times Herald, and again in the late fifties - when he was
involved in some way with the effort to have  Pound released. I would
like to learn exact dates for his incarceration.

Mr. Stonekng's play touches this time period, and perhaps he would have
details that are of interest to this conversation. (I did download and
read, and enjoy the creation of days at St E. Mr. Stoneking, and admire
what you have done -- all except your incistent calling for praise. )
Let your work find its wings. After all, once you have created something
it is no longer yours. Children, for example. But, thank you for
Sixteeen Words. Praise.

My name is Sam Grolmes