From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:36:48 -0400
On Jun 11, 13:57, Edward N. Moller wrote:
>With Bryan Holzinger playing for Buffalo and Tony Hrkac playing for Dallas,
>is this the first time two Hobey Baker winners have faced each other in a
>Stanley Cup final?

I'm 99 44/100ths percent sure it is.

>Have any Hobey Baker winners played for a Stanley Cup
>champion?

Up to this season, one.  Neal Broten, who won the first-ever Hobey Baker in
1981 and won the Cup with the New Jersey Devils in 1995.  (So only if Detroit
had a Hobey winner on their team in '95, and I'm quite sure they didn't, would
two Hobey guys have faced each other in a Cup final before this one.  OK, so my
English teacher just had an aneurysm...)

Broten is also (so far) the only guy to score the trifecta of an Olympic gold
medal, Hobey Baker award, and Stanley Cup championship.

--
Bill Fenwick                                   Email:  [log in to unmask]
Digicomp Research                              Voice:  (607) 273-5900 ext 32