From:
Charles Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:05:05 -0400
Hey, another person from UND!
[excuse the cutting and pasting, Aaron]

> hello everybody, it was great to get back and read some of the mail in my
> box from hockey-l. here at UND the weather is warmer and nobody mentions
> hockey anymore. it kind of makes me wish early october was rolling around
> soon so hockey would return. i have a few questions for everybody.

Yeah, over here in DC where it is incredibly muggy, no one is thinking about
hockey (with the exception of street hockey).

> first, what goalies are back this year in the wcha? i know steve debus is
> back for the gophers and i am not sure about some of the others. i think
> the sioux may be fishing for a new goalie.

A friend of mine told me that both goalies for CC will be back next year.
So, that would mean that UM and CC will be the two teams with the best guys
between the pipes.  I know that Wally is gone for DU, but as I recall, their
backup last year wasn't too bad, so they shouldn't be hurt that much.  Yes,
it is true that UND has a new freshman goalie for next year.  His name is
Aaron Schweitzer and he played for a AAA team in Saskachewan (sp?).  Reports
from coaches and players up there say that he has the potential of being
better than Belfour (hehehe..no pressure!)

> second, am i the only person who thinks anaheim is the dumbest place for
> the college national championship? i think it should be kept within the
> area of college hockey. (just a thought)

Yeah, I agree.  Does anyone else think that college hockey is getting on a
commercial path similar to college basketball?  That is the main reason why
they chose Anaaheim (IMHO).

[gophers question deleted since I do not know the answer]

Now that I have found out that both of CC's goalies are returning, for the
top five in the WCHA, I like:
1.  CC
2.  UM
3.  Den
4.  UW
5.  St. Cloud

For anyone who follows UND, next year may be a long one.  I personally think
they will finish tied for 6th.  This is due to the fact that too many of the
main players from last year will be gone (Wynne, Naumenko, Mitani, etc.)
Also, the big question wil be, will Blais let Schweitzer play.  My guess is
a little at first, but he will probably stay with Kvalevog, excluding a
major break-down.
                                                                Charles