Sender:
From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 1994 11:59:46 EST
Tony B. writes:

>Has anyone noticed, but UVM may be the biggest secret going.
>
>In the true meaning of "Dark Horse," they are the scariest team playing
>.500 hockey (well, one game over .500) in the nation.
>
>After losing four games by one goal, UVM got massacred by Dartmouth something
>like 12-2 (or something like that).
>
>Since then, they have gone 6-1-1 in their last 8 games with their only
>blemishes being a loss to #2 BU and a tie at #4 Harvard.
>
>They have two awesome freshmen who have really emerged during this stretch
>and a freshman goaltender who has certainly improved from his play earlier
>in the season.
>
>Tonight they play at Brown, which should be interesting.
>
>If UVM wins, this should catapult (no pun intended) them into the "others
>receiving votes."  Keep the corner of your eye on them.

Far be it from me to try to influence any polls :-) but I don't know if I
can go along with this one.  The reason is that Vermont is following its
usual pattern of being almost impossible to beat at Gutterson and almost
impossible to lose to on the road.  Saturday's loss at Brown put the Cats'
road record at 0-5-1, and while four of those losses were by a single goal,
and while the tie at Harvard was impressive, Vermont still hasn't shown it
can solve its road woes.  And for whatever reason, this has been going on
for years.
--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and '94 (.5)            |  [log in to unmask]
LET'S GO RED!!
"Why is it whenever you break up with somebody, they always say, 'You'll
 never meet anyone else like me'?  I should hope not!  If I don't want to
 go out with YOU, why would I want to go out with someone JUST LIKE YOU?"
-- Larry Miller