Sender:
From:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1993 11:48:37 EDT
Comments:
Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
Mike, thanks for the post about that book. I've got to find
it. I've enjoyed the exchanges about this nonsense of "benefits"
to former players. It's bad enough that the officious (deleted)
of the outfit think that they can tell officials of a school
what to do down to ridiculous levels. If they think that "power"
extends to anyone ever connected to a school, I could tell them
my thoughts, but it would be a clear violation of net-etiquette.
I'm a grad of BU '73, and if I happened to want to buy a beer
for one of those super Terriers, hot tip - John Silber and Company
would have no control over my actions so how can the NC$$ hold
BU responsible? This seems like a good time to bring up an old
topic. What benefit does college hockey get from the NC$$? Why
don't all the current programs form their own standards group
that might spell sport as other than football or basketball?
I'd welcome the change, and I bet a lot of other hockey fans and
alumi/ae would agree.
    Dave Carroll, NYS Div. of the Budget
    [log in to unmask]     (or if path problems ...