Sender:
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1993 00:11:25 -0500
At the end of my Clarkson-Colgate posting, I made a remark along the lines
of, Clarkson's next opponent, "RIP was losing handily at home vs UVM". A
person (RPI fan) who's name i shall withold (not Rich Vehlow) wrote something
along the lines of, "Before you go making infantile slurs, check your facts."
because apparently RPI was on the road. Lighten up man.

I'm posting this to the list for two reasons. 1) Because I lost this person's
email address but the main reason was to remind people why we (or at least I)
are hockey fans. I follow hockey because I enjoy it. This all-in-good-fun
jabbing with other teams' fans is all part of it. If you dish it out,
you have to be able to take (or even if you don't dish it out). It's all done
in good humor and I've never gotten in a serious fight with someone because
of a rivalry.

Hockey is a game. A sport. A diversion from everyday life. When I watch
hockey, i enjoy it. if i stopped enjoying it, i'd stop watching it. I will
continue these little jabs because it is interaction with other fans, whether
they be of your team or your archrival, that makes going to a game fun.

I'm sorry that my fact was incorrect. For that I apologize. but I think it's
people like this who have really lost their perspective on hockey and sports
in general.

 BRI FARENELL           [log in to unmask]
 CLARKSON U '95         ECAC and AHL contact for rec.sport.hockey
 Let's go Tech!!        Join the AHL mailing list: email me for details

   ADIRONDACK RED WINGS, AHL, Calder Cup Champs: '81  '86  '89  '92
Bester for Bastien Trophy! Dollas for Shore Plaque! Tancill for Cunnigham Plaque