Sender:
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1993 09:30:04 -0500
From Sid Hartman's column in this morning's Star Tribune:

One reason the Gophers hockey team is having a hard time is the lack of
scoring by Darby Hendrickson (25 goals last season but only six this season);
Scott Bell (15 last year, three now), and Steve Magnusson (10 last year, one
now). "Our young defense is getting some blame for our record, but they
haven't played that bad," coach Doug Woog said. "Our goaltending has been a
problem."...Woog will give freshman goalie Jeff Moen another chance this
weekend when Colorado College comes to town. "Moen is going to be a good
goalie," said Woog, who can't recall when the Gophers had a worse
goals-against record....Gophers assistant hockey coach Mark Mazzoleni has not
been called for a second interview for the head coaching job at Massachusetts.
There were 92 applicants for the job....
<end quoted material>

Any errors in the above information are Sid's, I just type it as I see it. ;-)

This also goes to show that Sid doesn't pay a whole lot of attention to the
hockey team or he would know that Darby Hendrickson missed six weeks with a
separated shoulder and MAYBE that's why the scoring is down. Scott Bell has
also spent some time off the ice being injured and Steve Magnusson has also had
 some problems of late. I guess I'm glad that Sid DOESN'T pay that much
attention to the hockey team.....saves time correcting all his misinformation!!

-Carol