Sender:
From:
Scott Raymond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1993 23:34:59 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] (Stephen
 Chopelas) writes:
>Anyone who would get that worked up about an e-mail
>message needs to RELAX...   If Mr. Anonymous was that
>pissed about it, he must agree with the criticism and
>is upset that someone else noticed... If he/she were
>sure of themselves they would be able to say 'Hey,
>this guy is full of ****..."  To Rich, I say, screw
>him/her, he isn't worth it...

Well, this discussion certainly isn't worth *OUR* time either.  It seems to
me that the reason people make anonymous calls like the above is because
of the response, we as an audience, give them.  The proper [re]action to
the message is to forget about it, *NOT* to post it here, where we have
better things to do than discuss this unrelated material.  Also note that
if the person made an anonymous phone call in the first place, the chances
of him reacting to Rich's challenge is slim to none, so the discussion is
(again) moot.

Sorry, Rich, but these are my opinions and I'd just as soon let the issue
lie where it is - the caller ends up losing because the matter isn't
discussed here any further.  Hmm, maybe a parallel can be drawn with
terrorists (OK, so it's a little bit of a stretch!) - if they thought that
they wouldn't get their demands met, they'd stop making the pointless
demands.  So, likewise, if you fail to react to the obviously cowardly phone
call, they won't continue.

Now, I apologize for being hypocritical - by virtue of sending this post, I
bring attention to the matter, but only so that I don't have to keep junking
the rest of the follow-ups.

- Scott Raymond <[log in to unmask]>, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute