Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1992 02:28:48 EST
Providence 5, BC 4 (ot)
  PC led 3-0 in the 2nd before BC fought back to force OT.  PC defenseman
  Todd Huyber scored the winner from the point after a scramble in front.
  It was Huyber's first career goal after 93 games.
Boston University 5, Merrimack 4
  Terriers had a 4-1 lead early in the second before Merrimack fought
  back to make it close.  Story and box to come.
UNH 4, UMass-Lowell 1
  I tape our broadcasts on the VCR and decided to set the video for the
  channel 9 broadcast of this game, and although all I got was the video,
  it looked like it got pretty ugly near the end with several altercations.
Maine-NU in progress, 7-2 late; hopefully someone from Maine can provide
  details.

Sorry for the delay, a disk failure at Merrimack and a power failure at
home for an hour decided to both happen on the same day.  I lost all mail
sent on Saturday, so although I was able to read h-l by getting the archive
from LISTSERV, I don't have anything anyone may have sent to me personally
on Saturday.

BTW, the Iron Man Award for broadcasting this weekend goes to my play-by-
play man, Dan Roche.  Dan did the BU-Merr game with me Friday, got up
early to go on the air at 6 am Sat, did a local sports talk show from 10
to noon, followed by the Methuen HS vs Reading HS Mass. Div 2A Super Bowl
in the afternoon...then we rushed to BU for the Merr-BU game tonight.  In
the Things You Don't See Because It's Radio Department, I think a lot of
the folks at BU got a kick out of watching us try to woof down hot dogs,
nachos, donuts and cokes while simultaneously doing the pregame show.  Boy,
were we hungry.  Thank God for the Coaches' Corner segment (taped
beforehand), that gave us an extra ten minutes to finish eating.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*