Sender:
From:
ken woliner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1992 01:34:53 EST
some refs make bad calls.  other refs are just bad.  As a Cornell fan for four
years, I've seen both.

Hope is right, Gallagher seems to not like us.  After he got nailed at the
Harvard game and was taunted, I'm sure he knows we don't like him.

My question is: "When fans chant 'The ref beats his wife' and 'The ref f---s
sheep', and when the band plays 'Three blind mice', does the officiating
get any better, or more biased against that team?

When I was a soccer referee, I made a few bad calls.  When I did, and the fans/
coaches/players argued with me about it, I tried to do a better job the rest
of the game.  But if I felt that I did make the right call, and got taunted at
by a coach who was not in a position to see the play anyway, I just got mad at
that team.

With this in mind, do you think Gallagher's officiating will get any better
with more taunting?

-ken woliner
 Cornell (Human Ecology) '92

"How often does one get a chance to strip down to plaid boxer shorts in
 front of four-thousand people and then slide on the ice?"

                              - me to my mom after the union game

"Not often, I hope!"

                    - her reply