Sender:
From:
"Tuschen, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:45:35 -0600
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 16:49:33 EST Randy May wrote:

> I have been to Wisconsin, Denver, Minnesota and Colorado College home
games
> and Wisconsin fans are light years ahead of the rest in terms of
intensity.
> 10,000 of them sound like 20,000 NHL fans most nights.

The Badgers are playing in the new Kohl Center, crowds so far are averaging
about 13,000 per game or so, most of which are season ticket holders I
think.  They put the students in the corner behind the opposing goalie for
two of the three periods, and has been very successful.  As there is NO BEER
GARDEN anymore, the students all pile in about a minute before the face-off
- after they have had time to 'prepare' properly.