Sender:
From:
Todd Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:22:38 EST
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Pentagonal League was a pre-cursor
to the Ivy League, and included West Point. When Army dropped out the name was
changed to the Ivy League.

BTW, there is also a story that Boston College would have been a member of the
Ivy League if they had fielded a football team at the time.  Imagine what that
would have meant for the current ECAC - a two-and-two split between ECAC and
Hockey East in Boston that would fuel the which-league-is-better debate around
Beanpot time, a widely different travel partner scheme, and (dare I say it?)
perhaps a bit more respect?

Todd Nielson
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/todnielson/creasemonkey.html">Crease Monkey
Hockey WWW Page.</A>