Sender:
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 10:45:17 -0500
7bit
From:
Kevin Ames <[log in to unmask]>
From Charlie Walters:

The hockey Gophers are getting new white and gold uniforms for Mariucci
Arena games next season, and new maroon uniforms for road games.

The University of Minnesota men's athletic department is surveying 1,000
basketball and hockey season-ticket holders. The loudest response, by
far: Bring back caramel corn to the concession stands at Williams and
Mariucci arenas, which the Gophers will next season. Also, the survey
shows Gophers fans insist they don't want any games played off-campus in
arenas that play host to professional teams.

Ex-Gophers in the Pittsburgh Penguins system: Brian Bonin was tendered a
qualifying offer for next season; Joey Dziedzic was not, meaning
unrestricted free agency.

The hottest-selling sports apparel on the University of Minnesota campus
is not basketball, football or baseball jerseys, T-shirts or caps, but
hockey jerseys

From Sid Hartman:

Gophers hockey defenseman Ben Clymer said he will return to Doug Woog's
team next season unless he gets a decent offer from the Boston Bruins,
who own his rights.  Clymer missed most of last season because of
injuries, so one would wonder why he would expect a big offer.

With No. 1 goaltender Eric Day sidelined for the year after undergoing
knee surgery, the Gophers are looking for another goaltender. "We will
have freshman Adam Hauser, who will play most of the time, and Willie
Martin, who has two periods of experience, as our goaltenders," said
Gophers associate head coach Mike Guentzel. "We are looking, but there
isn't  anybody out there."
--
|Kevin L Ames             |DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND|   /__  _\
|email:[log in to unmask] It is reality that is |   \  \(  |