Sender:
From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 14:09:13 -0400
ECAC Championships to Call Lake Placid Home Until 2001

	The Eastern College Athletic Conference will hold its 1999, 2000
and 2001 Menšs Division I Ice Hockey Championships in Lake Placid, New
York.  ECAC Ice Hockey Commissioner Jeff Fanter announced that the league
and the New York Olympic Regional Development Authority reached a
three-year agreement to keep the championships in the Olympic Arena, the
same arena where the memorable Miracle On Ice was played out during the
1980 Winter Olympics.

	"Lake Placid is one of the cornerstones in the history of amateur
ice hockey in the United States.  We are fortunate to continue what has
been an excellent relationship with a wonderful community.  Words can not
describe what Lake Placid has meant to ECAC Ice Hockey and what it will
continue to mean into the next century.  There are few league
championships in all of collegiate athletics that take over a town the way
that ECAC Ice Hockey takes over the town of Lake Placid.  A person can not
truly understand just what Lake Placid means to ECAC and college hockey
without experiencing it,"  ECAC Ice Hockey Commissioner Jeff Fanter said.

	"We are excited about hosting this high caliber Division I College
Championship into the next millennium.  The entire community is dedicated
to providing the ECAC programs, families and students a quality winter
sports experience on a long weekend dedicated to college hockey," Olympic
Regional Development Authority President and CEO, Ted Blazer said.

	The ECAC has held its league championship at the Olympic Arena in
Lake Placid since 1993

/
 good shooting
 hungerf