Sender:
From:
Sallie Sarrel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 11:12:09 -0500
To: "Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Luiz F. Valente wrote:

> >Re. Schafer scores again!
>
> >On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Billy Lustgarten wrote:
> >         At Cornell during the last home weekend, Coach Mike Schafer
> >... took hold of a microphone and basically took the student section to
> >stop using obscene chants ...
>

> Schafer may be a great motivator and a good tactical coach, but he's far
> from the gentleman some of the people in this list would like us to
> believe him to be.

 Sorry, I try to stay off here, but I have to comment. Having watched
Cornell hockey for about the past 18 years, I can honestly say, that the
staff and the crowd are all very proud of playing rude, obnoxiuos hockey-
legal or illegal. Schafer was brutal when he was at Cornell, My cousins
who graduated in his year, their first reaction at the Thanksgiving
dinner table when we started to talk college hockey, was that they loved
how tough those guys were now.