Sender:
From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 22:21:10 GMT
Comments:
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Bill Schneller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>At 11:52 PM 6/13/96 -0400, Mike Machnik wrote:
>>Any idea who the official host schools are for the recently awarded Final
>>Fours?  My guess would be:
>>
>>2001 RPI
>>
>>It's certainly possible that Brown and/or Union might factor into the first
>>two.

RPI is the host for that Final Four, without Union involved.

>PC is the host for 2000. According to the Providence Journal six other cities
>submitted bids for the years 2000-2003 and "only Providence targeted its
>presentation for the highly sought-after year 2000." There was no explanation
>for why that year was "highly sought-after."

It has been mentioned here in the Albany area that 2000 was HIHGLY sought after
by the city.  So Providence was not the only one who wanted that year.

As for highly sought after, the 1st championship in the new millenium,
I think that's good enough reason to want it.

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *
* Check out the WRPI Sports Web Pages on:                                   *
*           http://www.rpi.edu/~stuttk/wrpispts.html                        *