Sender:
From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 20:55:40 -0400
Comments:
Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]>
Dick Tuthill wrote:

>      On another subject,  does anyone know how the Knick will be configured
> this  weekend?   Wide ice?   (I suspect not.)   How about the distance from
> the goal line to the back boards?   The difference between 11 feet (Albany
> River Rats) and 15 feet (NC$$) is really major,  but would require
> completely re-lining the ice.

In the past, NCAA tournament sites have moved the nets out from 11 to
15 feet and done all else that is required.  In 1990 in caused the
ice at Joe Louis Arena to be very poor after the NCAA Championships.
When the arenas bid for the NCAA games, they *should* be aware of
what is involved.  I see no reason why this year would be any
different.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers  NCAA and Beanpot Champions
BU Hockey:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html
The Bedford Flag:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/flag.html
But I Digress:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/bid.html