Sender:
From:
David DeWayne Bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 1995 22:46:30 -0500
  Wow!!  That's all I can say regarding this horrible weekend for the
Falcons.  First we lose to a supposedly inferior Miami team, then we lose
to Ohio St.who hasn't beaten BG in the past 10 games.  I'm not too
surprised about the OSU game as I felt that OSU would make a complete
turnaround after firing Welsh and hiring Markell as the new coach.
Although OSU has lost a lot of games this year, I expect a lot out of
them as they are losing the goon image and going with speed and talent.
That and the new stadium being built will draw in the recruits making
them a contending team in a few years, mark my words!

  Now back to BG.  I had great expectations for BG at the beginning of
the year even though they lost Brian Holzinger, but I haven't seen a
whole lot of anything from them in the past few weeks.  I'm not trying to
make excuses, but the Falcons have lost a lot this year player wise.
Brett Punchard is out with a sprained ankle,  Jamie Williams is done for
the season and possibly his career with a bad knee, and Jeff Herman is
out with a dislocated shoulder.  Coach Powers went with a light roster to
begin with, and now I think things are starting to affect the guys.  Dave
Faulkner is also playing with a broken(?) wrist although it hasn't seemed
to slow him down.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not closing the season down
for the Falcons yet.  I guess I just don't want to have a big let down.
I remember last year BG started out on a hot streak and playing more
games than the other teams only to see the others improve on their games
and catch up and pass BG as the Falcons just seemed to even out the rest
of the year.  Hopefully BG will excell during the second half while the
top teams even out.  Regardless of how well or poorly the Falcons play,
I'll still be at the games to cheer them on as will Dean and Terry.
Here's hoping for a big turnaround.

Alex

Quote from 96.7 play by play man Bartt Davis after ref Jeff Shell allowed
OSU to skate with 6 guys for almost a whole minute without ever calling a
penalty:  "  You don't even have to be able to count to 6 to be a CCHA ref."