Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 18:52:38 -0100
This is an administrative message to HOCKEY-L.

As the season begins, I want to make sure the distinction between HOCKEY-L
and INFO-HOCKEY-L is understood and that the lists are used correctly.

INFO-HOCKEY-L is the list that all information should be sent to from now
on.  This includes scores, box scores, news, etc.  *No* discussion,
followups, or questions should be sent to INFO-HOCKEY-L.  Discussion of
INFO-HOCKEY-L posts should take place on HOCKEY-L.

Right now, there are only about 1/3 as many INFO-HOCKEY-L subscribers as
there are HOCKEY-L subscribers.  Many people are missing the information
that is sent to INFO-HOCKEY-L.

*** I encourage you to subscribe to INFO-HOCKEY-L if you are not subscribed
already.  To subscribe, send to [log in to unmask] the command,

  subscribe info-hockey-l

HOCKEY-L should only be used for discussion or other items that are not
appropriate for INFO-HOCKEY-L.  The HOCKEY-L WELCOME file has more of an
explanation, so please get this file from LISTSERV if you need to know
more.

Please do NOT use HOCKEY-L to post scores, boxes, or other items of
information that are better meant for INFO-HOCKEY-L.  If you do, then the
people who are only subscribed to INFO-HOCKEY-L (and there are many) will
miss this information and we will be defeating the purpose of the split
lists.  Send this info to INFO-HOCKEY-L.  I do not wish to have to forward
information posts to INFO-HOCKEY-L since HOCKEY-D (digest) subscribers
receive copies of everything posted to *both* lists, and they would thus
see these posts twice.

I certainly understand occasional mistakes that people will make in posting
items to the incorrect lists, but I will eventually become less tolerant of
people using the lists incorrectly on a regular basis.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the time to understand the difference between the
lists (including re-reading the HOCKEY-L WELCOME if necessary, as it
includes a thorough list of what is considered acceptable for
INFO-HOCKEY-L).  Also take the time to make sure your post is going to the
correct list.  The administrators have taken the time to make this division
of the lists work; you can take the time to use the lists correctly.  I
consider this to be part of the responsibility of the subscribers/posters.

Thank you and feel free to send me any comments or questions.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93
***** Unofficial Merrimack Hockey home page under construction at:  *****