Sender:
From:
Terry Paul Kasdan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 16:35:35 -0500
To: Eric J Burton <[log in to unmask]>
     My original intent (when the whole NCAA vs. ACHA thing started) was to
ask that the ACHA receive recognition as a viable and competitive
alternative to NCAA hockey.  I did not intend to equate ACHA teams with
top Division I teams like Michigan and Maine.
     However, I do think the ACHA is (in many cases) comparable to NCAA
Division II and Division III hockey.  Here are a few more instances (in
addition to the ones I posted earlier) I found on the Internet to support my
claim:

11/ /93 Illinois 9   Lake Forest 8
1/8/94 UW-Stout 6   St. Norbert 2
2/19/94 Penn State 4   Buffalo St. 3
1/4/95 UW-Stout 4   Amherst 2
1/6/95 Penn State 4   Mercyhurst 5 (OT)
2/10/95 UW-Stout 5   Hamline 1
2/16/95 UW-Stout 4   Hamline 3
2/17/95 Penn State 11   Scranton 1

Here are just a handful of games this winter:
   Illinois-Chicago (Div. I) at Illinois-Champaign
   Hobart at Penn State
   UW-Stout at St. John's

Terry Kasdan
http://students.uiuc.edu/~t-kasdan