Sender:
From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 1995 18:13:11 -0400
>Paraphrased from yesterday's ANN ARBOR NEWS:
>University of Michigan sophomore forward Robb Gordon
>will not be returning to the Wolverines.  Gordon will likely
>field an offer from the Vancouver Canucks.

Can't say I'm surprised, really.

>I have heard that Gordon will either play in the Vancouver
>organization or in the WHL with the former Tacoma team
>(now located in Kelowna BC???).  Gordon is a resident of
>Surrey BC and played for Powell River in the BCJHL before
>attending Michigan.

The former Tacoma Rockets WHL team did move to Kelowna, BC last summer.

Whether Gordon will play in Kelowna or with Syracuse of the AHL depends on
when he was born. If he's a 1976 or later (and I think he is a 76), he can
not play minor pro.

>Quinn commented
>on taking a look at a couple of draft picks, including "Robb
>Gibson".  Hopefully, for Gordon's sake, the Canucks now know
>who he is.

I'm sure they will in a couple of weeks. :-)

See you later,
John

--

John Edwards            Stats Geek, Ottawa Jr. A Senators Hockey Club
Ottawa, State of Ontario              The World's Worst Painter