Sender:
From:
"Eric G. Hoffman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 1995 15:02:58 +0000
, Woody!

Ain't the internet great? Remember a birthday on the special day and you
can still get greetings there on time!! Hope the associated Wodburns are
doing well...happy healthy and busy.

The Hoffman3 are doing quite well. My school year is winding down and
the summer job is gearing up. At least this summer I have managed
to get Macintosh computers to use with the little monsters instead of
the computers of the Mesozoic years-Apple II's!
Yippee! We'll see how this years crop of 14 and 15 year olds will be
with their attitudes and hormones raging. Hopefully I will have a job
come next Fall. My school district is going thorough major cuts and
appears to only be looking at the bottom line. Let's see,
cut two jobs from the Computer Department's staff of 10 with two new
science and technology magnet schools coming on board next Fall. Gee,
who will set up all the computer networks and hardware?? Now there's
using your noggin'. Luckily two people were hired after I was so I should
be OK barring any other cuts.

Eric is in the midst of writing his master's thesis, with two and 1/2
chapters of 5 done. He must be completely finished by September when
his PhD funding kicks in. Then it's on to bigger and better projects. Luckily,
 he can modem into the university from home so I am not a grad student
widow too much. Of course the problem there is that Eric has to fight
Jerrett for the computer. "Daddy, are you doing E-mail?....I want to do
the computer!"

Jerrett is now 27 months-heavily into the 2 year old stuff. He tries to
exert his authority at every turn and quite boisterously I might add.
In some ways we are lucky because he excels in his verbal skills and can
tell us very plainly exactly what he wants or doesn't want. What he doesn't
want is to sit on the Potty. Oh the dreaded potty. Although he tells
us before during and after he "goes", he refuses to use the potty. When
asked why he doesn't want to sit on the potty he days, "because I won't."
How's that for telling it like it is? He is also way to smart to fall
for our tricks-bribes, stickers etc.! Maybe he's like I was and just needs
one of his friends to call him a baby because he wears diapers!
Actually, Jerrett is a wonderful child. 90% of the time he is a joy
and the remaining 10%
we can get through just knowing that it will pass soon. We are thoroughly
enjoying his emerging imagination and story telling.

So how's the Woodburn clan? Are there any life events to report? Graduations?
Weddings? Grandchildren?... Is Woodburn & Associates keeping itself busy?
I hope the business climate in DC is better than here...the new Republican
Governor is creating quite a stir. I miss the design work, but there is
just zippo foodservice design going on here. I can't really complain though,
I do enjoy my job-the people, the students (sometimes) and the school
hours/vacations.  Well take care and feel free to contact us at
Eric's E-Mail address:  [log in to unmask]

Love Darcy.