Sender:
From:
Bob Stagat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 1995 14:44:50 -0800
Jason W. Roy <[log in to unmask]> said:

> I don't think you can tell a fan what to do
> or how to act, They paid for their ticket and can act as they please as
> long as they don't throw objects on the ice.

Bad, bad, bad!

That's exactly the rationale I heard from a lot of rude, abusive,
ill-mannered, mean-spirited "fans" back when I used to do baseball umpiring.
My sense was that these were the same Joe-six-packs who figured husbands had
the "right" to beat the S**t out of their wives simply because "they paid for
their ticket" by marrying them.

Good-natured ribbing (or SIEVE-ing) is acceptable behavior, but simply paying
for a ticket does not give one the right to be abusive, rude, or
ill-mannered. Or did I miss something in the fine print on back of my
tickets?

Grow up and get a life, Jason.

Bob Stagat
RPI '64 & '68