Sender:
From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 1995 07:54:57 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Cheryl A. Morris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>OK, let me initiate the parade of prognosticators.  A possible seeding scenar
>
>West                               East
>1. Michigan                        1. Boston University
>2. Colorado                        2. Maine
>3. Minnesota                       3. New Hampshire
>4. Michigan State                  4. Clarkson
>5. Denver                          5. Wisconsin
>6. LSSU/Bowling Green              6. RPI
>
>Flipping the 5 and 6's gets Wisconsin to Madison.  Also, East 1 and 2 could
>conceivably switch, depending on final RPI.  (I like the sound of that phrase

I'll give this a shot.  I think Bowling Green is done for after their
loss to MSU.

I think the 1 and 2's in both regionals will be:

East            1 BU    2 Maine (like Brian has it)
West            1 Mich  2 Wisconsin

Why Wisconsin?  I think they are high enough, and the WCHA Champs
after beating CC.  I think CC gets the 3 seed in the West followed
by Minnesota.  The loser of the CCHA Championship and Denver get sent
East.

In the East, exactly as Brian has it.  The 5 and 6's though are
probably the CCHA Champ and RPI.

So:

East                    West
1 BU                    Michigan
2 Maine                 Wisconsin
3 UNH                   Colorado
4 Clarkson              Minnesota
5 CCHA Champ            CCHA runner-up
6 RPI                   Denver

So the matchups as I see them:

Round 1
CC vs. RPI
Denver vs. UNH
CCHA Champ vs. Minnesota
CCHA R-U vs. Clarkson

But then again, it's speculation, and its fun, but we'll know for sure at
9:15 EST tonight.

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *