Sender:
From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 10:24:19 -0700
The following is from Mark Spector's column in today's Edmonton Journal:

        Injury struck Team Canada hard Thursday night when winger Jeff
O'Neill was helped off the ice during the Red-White scrimmage.  Team
doctors will decide this morning if the injury to his right leg is
serious enough to send O'Neill home.
        "There's nothing broken, but there's pain in my knee and ankle,"
said O'Neill, the high scorer drafted #5 overall by Hartford.  "I got
caught in a rut, and my leg just twisted over."
        Centre Darcy Turner also missed the third period after bruising a
hand while blocking a shot in a scrimmage that was far more heated than
Wednesday's.  And for the second night in a row the tying goal was scored
the the goaltender pulled, when Jason Allison scored his second
third-period goal at 19:24 to tie the game 4-4 for the Red team.
        Alexandre Daigle, Bryan McCabe, Larry Courville and Eric Daze
scored for the Whites.  Daze is perhaps the most impressive of the unsung
players here, drafted 90th by Chicago in '93.
        Brendan Morrison and Todd Harvey also scored for the Reds.
        Head coach Don Hay figures there's strength in numbers when it
comes to a Team Canada defensive corps that is getting beat up early in
training camp.
        Canada's roster has usually included seven defencemen and 13
forwards in the past, but Hay is likely to go with 8 and 12 when he makes
his final cuts Sunday.
        "It depends on how many of our defencemen are healthy.  If a
guy's hurt and I feel he's going to be healthy come tournament time, we
may still keep him."
        ....Tonight Team Canada plays an all-star team of WHL graduates
now playing in the Canada West Universities Athletic Association.  Game
tiem is 7PM at the Coliseum and again Saturday when Canada takes on the
Alberta Colleges Athletics Conference all-stars.
END OF ARTICLE.

        In a perverse way I was glad this game was closed to the public
since in another life I have a radio program every Thursday.  I will be
down tonight to see the game, meaning that I will miss the CC-Minnesota
game on the dish.  GO CC!!! (I'll never forget the Minnesota player
spitting on Terry Meagher.)

Arthur Berman   [log in to unmask]
THE MAPLE LEAF FOREVER!!!
GO BU!!!